Being healthy, youthful, smooth and well-hydrated are the features of the best skin. However, conditions like acne, scars, wrinkles, fine lines, creases, etc. avoid the people to achieve that target of perfect skin. But when we talk about Chemical or Skin Peels, then we see a promising solution to all these issues.
Composition of Skin Peels
During the cosmetic treatment of skin peels, special chemical solutions and serums are applied on the patient’s skin. Skin peels are recommended on face, neck and hands, and they tend to enhance the surface and texture of skin to enrich the overall skin appearance.
Once the duration of rubbing and applying the chemicals is done, then the skin becomes exfoliated and is peeled off by the specialist. As a result, the skin that comes out from beneath is healthier, smooth, and gives a younger look than the older skin.
Why get Skin Peels?
Aging skins regenerates and grow slowly as compared to younger and fresh skin. With the help of skin peels, following skin issues can be tackled:
- Hyper pigmentation
- Fine lines
- Uneven skin
Classification of Skin Peels
When a patient comes at Sherwani Dental Associates skin laser and cosmetic clinic, our specialists perform a detailed assessment of skin tone, texture and health; and suggest the skin peel most suitable for the patient and their needs. Following are major categories in which chemical peels are classified:
- Superficial Chemical Peels:
- Also called as light chemical peel, using very mild acids.
- Target the outermost skin (epidermis).
- Alpha hydroxy acids are used in such peels.
- Medium Chemical Peels:
- Using mildly stronger acids.
- Aim at the middle skin layers.
- Using higher concentrations of hydroxy acids or trichloroacetic acid (TCA).
- Deep Chemical Peels:
- Using stronger acids with highest intensity.
- Aim for the deeper skin layers (solving acne or severe sunburn).
- Using higher concentrations of glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid and phenol.
Our teams of specialists provide consultation to our patients on individual basis, and suggest the most suitable treatment depending on the patient requirements and skin features.
When scar, acne or wrinkles occur on the skin, then it becomes too much visible and may lead to losing of confidence in public for that person. At Sherwani Dental Associates dental clinic in Lahore, we use latest medical techniques and futuristic gadgets to deal with such problems and provide our patients with perfect skin and highest quality of results.
At Sherwani Dental Associates skin cosmetic and laser clinic, we offer a wide array of treatment options to remove scars and our consultants will guide and help the patient in choosing the best treatment modality for scar removal. Scars can be ignored in many cases, but when they are at places where they become prominent then removal of them is suggested to regain confidence.
A scar is formed when an exposure of impact is done on the skin such as accident, injury, hit, trauma or violence. Some of the major types of scars are as follows:
- Acne scars: Patients having acne develop permanent scar marks in some cases.
- Keloid scars: Such scars are formed after an injury by the body as the healing process happens.
- Contracture scars: The scars created after the healing from burn injury.
Hypertrophic scars: Also formed by the healing process of body, but are limited to